Want to contribute to the impact of BCCHC's actions in the community, provide leadership through good governance and policy development, and participate in the strategic direction of the organization?
We want to hear from you!!!
BCCHC is recruiting new board members to help ensure the mission, vision and values of the organization are managed effectively and efficiently, and meets the needs of the Black Creek community.
What does a Board Member do?
- Acts as a link between the Centre and its community
- Ensures the centre puts into practice the mission and vision statement
- Receives reports on the operation of the centre and ensures goals are met
Qualities of a Successful Board Member:
- Commitment to community improvement
- Ties to the community
- Willingness to demonstrate leadership
- A team player
- Responsible and reliable
- Interested in organizational oversight
Benefits of Being a Board Member:
- The opportunity to be a part of a progressive organization
- A chance to make a difference in your community
- The chance to take part in training and educational opportunities related to board membership and organizational governance
- Must be able to commit about 6 hours per month
- Must be available for Board Meetings (usually the last Monday of the month)
For more information, or to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our locations and complete an application:
Online Application is available here:
Sheridan Mall: 2202 Jane St, Unit 5 - between the Food Basics and Walmart
Yorkgate Mall: 1 Yorkgate Blvd, Suite 202 - upstairs near Dollarama
Applicants must live or work within our catchment area, which is bordered by Steeles Ave, Keele Street, Wilson Ave and the Humber River, Refer to map below: