From July 2016 to March 2017, HKCC’s theme is "Water does Wonders". It encourages kids and families to reach for water when thirsty.
Watch our NEW Videos!
Mom Knows Best
A Teachable Moment
Benefits of drinking water:
• Water makes up more than half of a child’s body weight. It is an essential nutrient.
• Children need lots of water to stay hydrated and keep their bodies working properly. Water regulates
the temperatures of the human body. It carries nutrients and oxygen to cells. It cushions organs and
joints. It also aids digestion and removes waste.
• Water has no sugar, calories, additives, or caffeine. This makes it the smart choice for sipping throughout the day.
• When kids drink water in place of sugary drinks, they are more likely to take in fewer total calories each day.
• Most tap water is fluoridated. This means that it helps teeth stay strong and protects against cavities.
• Lack of water can lead to dehydration. This condition occurs when you don’t have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. Even mild dehydration can drain your energy and make you tired.
We all know healthy eating is important for growing children. So is healthy hydration. Our community is looking for ways to make it easier for kids to choose healthy drinks more often.
Water is the natural choice for kids to stay hydrated and healthy. Water makes up more than half of a child’s weight. They need a steady supply to keep their bodies working and growing properly. Water contains no sugar, calories, additives, preservatives, or caffeine. And it’s free.
Make water the easy choice for your kids – and keep them sipping throughout the day
For more information, contact Healthy Kids Community Challenge Coordinator: Myriam Castilla at email@example.com