IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please read an important update about the Bridges to Moms Program here.
If you are pregnant or parenting a child 6 years of age or younger and experiencing substance use or concerns, please contact Addictions Services of York Region (ASYR) to find out about the service available to you:
If you would like to receive services from Black Creek Community Health Centre, please call 416-249-8000 ext. 2285
Stay tuned for more updates about programs and services for people living with substance use and addictions.
If you are a woman living with substance use issues and need support, the following organizations located in Toronto and York Region, can also be contacted:
“The life of a mother is the life of a child: You are two blossoms on a single branch.” (KMM)
Are you a pregnant or parenting mom with substance use issues?
We can help.
Using a harm reduction approach the program offers support for pregnant women and mothers with children 0-6 years who struggle with substance use by providing services, which include:
- One-on-one counseling
- Assistance with child welfare
- Parenting programs
- Child development services
- Education and consultation on issues of substance use
- Referral to Community Opioid Treatment Program
How we can help
Using a variety of approaches, our programs and services can help women and their families:
- Better understand the reasons for substance use and its impact on you and those around you
- Develop skills and strategies to support your desired lifestyle changes and goals
- Receive programs and services that will support your parenting