Join our Board of Directors
We are currently recruiting for our Board of Directors.
Learn more about our Vision, Mission and Values.
Role of Board Member:
• Acts as a link between the centre and its community
• Ensures the centre puts into practice the mission and vision statement
• Receives reports on the operation of the centre and ensures goals are met
Qualities of a Successful Board Member:
• Commitment to community improvement
• Ties to the community
• Willingness to demonstrate leadership
• A team player
• Responsible and reliable
• Interested in organizational oversight
Community Ties Requirement:
Board members must live, work, or attend school within our catchment area which runs from Humber River to Bathurst and from Wilson Ave to Steeles Ave.
Benefits of Being a Board Member:
• The opportunity to be a part of a progressive organization
• A chance to make a difference in your community
• The chance to take part in training and educational opportunities related to board membership and organizational governance
• Must be able to commit ~6 hours per month
• Must be available for board meetings on one Monday evening a month (usually the last Monday of the month)
Please email your resume to us at: email@example.com with the subject line “Board Membership” by March 19, 2021